CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Recipe for Wolrd War 2

All you need

To start a war

Is


A failed treaty of Versailles

And a fistful of a destroyed League of Nations.

With a ladle of German anger

Mixed in with a pinch of Japanese violence.


Mix in the rise of Fascism.

And a determined bunch…

Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin.

Last thing you need for this

Is the slightest spoonful of

Appeasement.


Knead it all in

Pound it, punch it, twist it

Set it in the oven

Until all that’s left of it

Is the hard dough,

As if its about to blow,

With a BANG.


And with your hate.

All bottled up inside.

2 comments:

Yoon Ah said...

Nandini...

Nice job! This made me think of my World War 1 poem. My World War 1 poem was called BANG! You wrote "With a BANG," which reminded me of my poem. =) You really made it sound like a cooking recipe. Overall, good job! =)

Arushi said...

Nandini,
I think you did a good job on your poem. I like how you did yours in a more poetic way instead of the way many people did it. It's not just a list of ingredients, which is a nice change. It has good rhythm and I like a lot of your lines like "Pound it, punch it, twist it".
Maybe next time you could make the poem a bit more clear, like at the end when you wrote "And with your hate. All bottled up inside." I didn't really get what you were trying to say. Other than that, good job!